Dear friends of Ishwar and ISHA,
ISHA is pleased to announce the schedule for the 2023 volunteer (seva) opportunities at Ishwar Ji’s dera project in Bruce, Wisconsin.
SEVA: Dera Seva – 2023 volunteer opportunities at Ishwar’s construction project in Bruce, Wisconsin
“Great Master said — and I agree with him — that if you do seva service for the Master, for a friend, for people in general, without expecting any reward, it prepares you better for meditation. Indeed, at one time Great Master said it is equal to meditation, and that you can see the result in meditation by how quickly you can make progress. So that is why service is so important in our spiritual lives. I thank all of my friends for their service to my humble tribute to Great Master Baba Sawan Singh in Bruce, Wisconsin.”
In 2023, we expect to have many opportunities for Ishwar Ji’s friends to perform seva at his dera in Wisconsin, especially now that construction of the Meeting Hall has begun. We will know more in the early spring of 2023. If you are interested, please subscribe to ISHA email announcements (see the form at bottom of this page) and please subscribe to receive the ISHA Construction Chronicles blog (sign up here https://ishanews.org/ishwarsprojects2/the-construction-chronicles/).
Dera Seva Opportunities in 2023!
- Attend any (or all!) of these three group events scheduled for 2023:
- Spring Garden-Planting Event — Friday, May 26 to Monday, May 29 (Memorial Day Weekend)
- Summer Seva Event — Friday, June 30 to Tuesday, July 4 (4th of July Celebration)
- Fall Prashad Garden Harvest Event — Friday, September 15 to Monday, September 18
- Attend “Open Seva” where visitors are always welcome at Ishwar’s dera between about May 1 and November 1.
In either case, please let us know when you will be visiting by emailing email@example.com.
To offer seva for Ishwar’s project, please visit https://ishanews.org/voluntary-contribution/
To learn more about the Meeting Hall, check out the dera website at https://dera.ishanews.org
Any questions related to Ishwar’s dera can be directed to Jagannath Kerai’s email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers are responsible for their own lodging and transportation. CLICK HERE for a list of local hotels, motels, campgrounds etc.
If you would like to register for dera seva in 2023, please click on the button below.
If you have any questions, please send mail to email@example.com.
WORK TO BE DONE ON SEVA DAYS:
This year, there will be a great variety of volunteer opportunities, with no limits on physical abilities or construction skills. Here are some of the many tasks that will be in need of sevadars:
- Gardening – cultivating, planting, watering, tilling, mulching, weeding, fencing, composting
- Construction – carpentry, plumbing, electrical, concrete, painting, insulating
- Landscaping – cleaning, pruning, planting, mulching, tree trimming and removal
- Picnic area for sevadars – basic carpentry and landscaping
- Walking trails – clear and level trails, remove and mulch branches
- Erosion control – dig ditches and install silt fences to improve drainage
- Food service – prepare and serve food, clean up, wash dishes, recycling, harvest and process garden produce
- Office maintenance – cleaning and maintenance
- And much more!
All volunteers will be provided with lunch. You will be responsible for your own lodging and transportation. For a link of hotels, motels, short-term rental houses, and campgrounds that are closest to the dera, CLICK HERE.
There is limited camping on ISHA land. For more information, see the last page of the hotel/motel list mentioned above.
All volunteers should understand that there are risks associated with working at an outdoor construction project. ISHA will provide a safety lecture and protective gear for all workers. All volunteers must sign a waiver holding ISHA harmless from any injuries that might occur while on ISHA property.
You will be asked to sign the form upon your arrival at the work site.
SEVA: Transcribing and Translating Ishwar Ji’s Talks
This seva is ongoing and can be done from anywhere in the world. All you need is an internet connection and a computer or tablet.
Task 1: English Transcription
Join a team to transcribe Ishwar Ji’s YouTube videos into English text. The completed transcripts are posted on this website’s Library for reading, used for closed captioning of YouTube videos, and serve as the starting point for translations into other languages.
Task 2: Translation into Other Languages
If you are fluent in both English and another language, consider joining a translation team. The completed translations are posted on this website and can be used with permission on foreign websites as well.
Task 3: Proofreading
Ishwar Ji has said that accuracy of both transcriptions and translations is critical. That’s why we need two types of proofreaders: 1) those with the skills and attention to detail to carefully check the transcriptions for accuracy before they are published; and 2) those with the language skills to compare the translations against the original English texts.