Dear friends of Ishwar and ISHA,
Thanks for checking out the Seva page. We are going to do our best to make it so everyone who wants to help can help with whatever skills and abilities they have to offer. In the meantime, on this page we will regularly post current needs. If you can help, Great! If not, please check back every now and then.
We could use help with:
SEVA: Dera Seva – 2020 summer volunteer opportunities at Ishwar’s construction project in Bruce, Wisconsin
Due to the Covid-19 / Corona Virus pandemic, seva at the dera project in Wisconsin is cancelled until further notice.
Seva is available at the Dera site in Bruce, Wisconsin from April through September, 2020, before and after ISHA events in Wisconsin and Community Meetings in Illinois. There will be a great variety of volunteer opportunities available at various times, with no limits on physical abilities or construction skills, including:
- Gardening – cultivating, planting, watering, weeding, fencing
- Greenhouse – plant starting, watering, thinning, transplanting, management
- Construction – carpentry, plumbing, electrical, concrete, painting, insulating
- Landscaping – cleaning, pruning, planting, mulching, tree trimming and removal
- Garden shed – general carpentry
- Picnic area for sevadars – basic carpentry and landscaping
- Bird, bat, butterfly and bee houses – build and install, basic carpentry
- Walking trails – clear and level trails, remove and mulch branches
- Erosion control – dig ditches and install silt fences to improve drainage
- Food service – prepare and serve food, clean up, wash dishes, recycling, harvest and process garden produce
- Office maintenance – cleaning and maintenance
Dates available for seva coincide with ISHA Community Meetings in Chicago, IL, long holiday weekends, the Wisconsin Bhandara event in April, and the Wisconsin Meditation Workshop and Mitti Seva in September. These dates are dependent on weather and Coronavirus (COVID-19) conditions:
May 9 – 11 (Community Meeting, Chicago, May 8) May 22 – 25 (Memorial Day holiday)
- June 20 – 22 (Community Meeting, Chicago, June 19)
- July 3 – 6 (Fourth of July holiday)
- July 18 – 20 (Community Meeting, Chicago, July 17)
- August 29 – 31 (Community Meeting, Chicago, August 28)
- September 4 – 7 (Labor Day holiday)
- September 12 – 17 (Meditation Workshop, Menomonie, Wisconsin, is Sept 18 – 20)
- September 22 – 27 (Mitti Seva, Bruce, Wisconsin, is Sept 21)
You will be responsible for your own lodging and transportation.
SEVA: Transcribing and Translating Ishwar Ji’s Talks
This seva is ongoing and can be done from anywhere in the world. All you need is an internet connection and a computer or tablet.
Task 1: English Transcription
Join a team to transcribe Ishwar Ji’s YouTube videos into English text. The completed transcripts are posted on this website’s Library for reading, used for closed captioning of YouTube videos, and serve as the starting point for translations into other languages.
Task 2: Translation into Other Languages
If you are fluent in both English and another language, consider joining a translation team. The completed translations are posted on this website and can be used with permission on foreign websites as well.
Task 3: Proofreading
Ishwar Ji has said that accuracy of both transcriptions and translations is critical. That’s why we need two types of proofreaders: 1) those with the skills and attention to detail to carefully check the transcriptions for accuracy before they are published; and 2) those with the language skills to compare the translations against the original English texts.